The Launch and Recovery System (L&RS) was developed in association with the RNLI in response to a requirement for an up to date and highly mobile transport system for a new class of lifeboat.
Among other things the client required that we design a vehicle that could:
- Fit in their current boat houses
- Be submersible to 9m and survive
- Be possible to operate with minimum manpower
- Have a wading capability of 2.4m while operational
- Have at least a 50yr service life
Working with our client SC Innovation developed a “one solution fits all” system to suit 28 different locations with different beach conditions. Our design incorporated several unique and innovative features including a permanent, software controlled, four-track-drive system offering exceptional mobility in all beach conditions. The cradle that carries the boat rotates through 360 degrees to enable bow first launch & recovery.